Racehorse rehoming information
As part of an ongoing commitment to lifetime welfare, Racing SA invites expressions of interest from people who currently retrain Thoroughbreds to any scale and would like to be included on the Racing SA list of Acknowledged Re Trainers/Homers.
RACING SA ONGOING EXPECTATIONS OF ACKNOWLEDGED RE TRAINER/HOMERS, IS THAT THEY EACH MUST:
- Demonstrate the ability to care for, ride and train horses to a high standard.
- Show sound judgement when placing a horse in a new home with a focus on the suitability of the new owner and their ability to support the horse, both in terms of knowledge and finance, i.e. a forever home.
- Proactively communicate with Racing SA staff.
- Demonstrate proactive and professional communication and social media presence.
TO BECOME AN ACKNOWLEDGED RE TRAINER/HOMER PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Your full name, address and other contact details.
- A brief CV including an overview of prior equine experience and achievements, and any relevant qualifications.
- An overview of the facilities available to you to re train thoroughbreds.
- References from the following people:
- Someone to whom you have previously rehomed/sold a thoroughbred
- Your regular veterinarian
- Your regular farrier
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Once received a site visit will be arranged prior to official acknowlegement.
To view a list of acknowledged re-homer/trainers in South Australia, click here.