Industry Regulatory Veterinary Surgeon
Racing SA is the governing body for thoroughbred horse racing throughout South Australia. Its responsibilities include commercial, regulatory, integrity and equine welfare leadership of the industry.
Applications are invited for the position of Industry Regulatory Veterinarian based in Adelaide.
The position reports to the General Manager Integrity/Chairman of Stewards and has responsibility for providing high level scientific and clinical veterinary expertise to safeguard the welfare of Thoroughbred horses and the integrity of the South Australia Thoroughbred racing industry.
Core responsibilities include:
- Officiating at race meetings, official trials and approval to race jump-outs, as required, and provide veterinary advice, inspect and examine participating horses, and monitor and provide oversight and supervision of sample collection processes.
- Conducting sampling processes for Racing SA drug testing programs.
- The provision of industry advice in relation to veterinary, welfare and drug-related matters.
- Representing Racing SA on national committees and working groups.
The successful applicant will have:
- a degree in veterinary science registrable in South Australia (essential).
- qualified for preferably five (5) years.
- experience working with Thoroughbred horses.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- proven ability to manage and supervise staff.
- a strong sense of initiative and the ability to identify critical issues.
- the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- the capacity to work well under pressure to meet team objectives.
- a current South Australian Driver's Licence.
- a genuine interest in the welfare of racehorses.
The position is full-time and due to the nature of the position, the successful applicant will be required to work on a nine day per fortnight roster basis, which includes work on weekends and public holidays and also includes work at race meetings outside the metropolitan area.
Short-listed applicants will undergo a probity check. The provision of disclosure statements and adherence to the Racing SA Code of Conduct for its employees are necessary requirements.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer.
If you are interested please provide a covering letter and your résumé in word format by email to email@example.com.